Often we will get a call from a customer complaining about wrongly purchased needle plate for their overlock industrial sewing machine (not from us). We will explain the difference between the needle plates to reduce the chance of mistakenly bought needle plates. Main differences are
- The needle plate design is dependent on the number of needle and threads on your overlock machine. In general, 1 needle 3 threads overlock has about 3 feed dogs and 2 needle 4 threads overlock machine has about 4 feed dogs. This alone will cause the needle plate to be different.
- The shape of the needle plates and screw positions are dependent on the brand of brand of the overlock machine. Pick up needle plates with different screw positio, you wont be able to install it to your overlock machine
- If you are buying needle plate for narrow hem, then please make sure the tip has been sharpened
So the important thing to remember is
- Make sure the feed dog number for the plate is correct
- Make sure the share of the plate is the same
- Make sure the screw position is the same
If these 3 are a match, the needle plate can be used on your overlock machine even though its for another brand.
|This needle plate is for 1 needle 3 threads GEMSY overlock sewing machine
|This needle plate is for 2 needle 4 threads overlock machine GEMSY brand
|This needle plate is for 2 needle 5 threads overlock machine for JUK or Bruce models. Notice the shape and screw position are different
|This is needle plate for narrow hem 1 needle 3 threads for JUKI or bruce model.
If you have any inquiry or question please whatsapp us at 012-9289727 (whatsapp link https://wa.me/60129289727)